Q4.1: Not directly related to SSA, can the Census Bureau be of any help other than 1800s through 1920?
A branch of the Census Bureau will assist researchers in obtaining census records from the 1930-1990 Federal returns for any person from whom you can supply proff of death. "Age Search will, for $25, search any two (2) census records. The search is limited to the person for whom you are requesting information, but you may ask for other family members to be included for a $2 per person fee. The full line of information from the census return will be provided with payment of a $6 fee. The basic fee includes ans official document stating the person's name, age, place of birth, citizenship and relationship to the head of the household. Form BC-600which is required may be obtained fromany local Social Security Office or by writing :
Bureau of The Census
"Age Search"
PO Box 1545
Jeffersonville, IN 47131

[The section above was made availble by Roots-L@rootsweb.com on 97-06-12 03:44:19 EDT] For more information regarding the census, see question 1.5, towards the end.

© 1995-2002 Yigal Rechtman